SMILE DESIGN (Hollywood Smile)
A smile design is a dental procedure which artistically creates straighter, whiter and beautiful natural looking smiles. Smile designs can do wonders to fully restore your dental health and appearance regardless of the original state of your existing teeth.
- Some smile designs only require Porcelain Veneers
- Other smile designs will require a combination of Porcelain Veneers and Porcelain Crowns. Porcelain crowns are chosen when teeth are weak such as endodontically treated teeth or teeth will large old restorations (like large old crowns).
- Sometimes teeth are missing in the smile zone. This then required either a porcelain bridge with an ovate pontic or an implant with a Porcelain crown.
- Multiple missing anterior teeth may require multiple implants or an implant supported denture to make the completed smile designs.
- If too much gum tissue is showing or the gums are uneven when the individual smiles, then a “gum lift” is done with lasers to reduce the amount of gum showing.
- If only a few teeth are veneered, then the other teeth are whitened before the smile design is completed. This makes sure that the smile is enhanced and brightened.